Nature Matters in Asia and the Pacific
Nature plays a vital role for people in Asia and the Pacific. That's why The Nature Conservancy is working to help nature:
- Strengthen the connection of Australia's Indigenous people to the traditional lands they protect;
- Nourish people in the Solomon Islands by helping them conserve the forests and coral reefs that provide them food;
- Empower communities in China's Yunnan Province to replant and protect local forests;
- Inspire island communities in and around Papua New Guinea with an epic canoe journey to unite people threatened by rising seas;
- Balance the needs of Mongolia's nature and traditional nomadic herders with the realities of a rapidly expanding global economy;
- Teach future generations in Indonesia the importance of conserving their rain forests; and
- Protect the reefs, waters and islands of Micronesia, where we were recently honored by Palau's National Congress for our longstanding assistance.
Thanks, as always, for standing with us to protect the natural resources that support Asia-Pacific's communities. With support from you, we can ensure that nature continues to matter.