Luckily, getting outside is easier than you might think (and usually free). Here are ten tips to get you started!
- Follow the leaders: Women's Health chats with eight inspiring women making a difference for nature.
- Nature isn’t as far away as you think: parks, state forests and preserves are often in or just outside our largest cities. Check out this map of Conservancy preserves and find one near you.
- Nearly 3/4 of all people feel personally responsible for preserving nature. The best way to start is by knowing your carbon footprint.
- Don’t let Earth Day slip by unnoticed. Join The Nature Conservancy in their annual event, Picnic for Earth.
- Did you know that running outdoors burns more calories than running on a treadmill? Find a 5k near you that supports a cause you believe in, like Team Nature!
- Yes, you can be the one who always knows “what bird is that?” Impress your friends by following these four easy steps to birding.
- If you live close enough, make the time to walk your kids to school. This mom found that even just ten minutes outside improved her day.