What personal information do we collect and why?
- When you make a donation to TNC Ltd for its projects in Australia, you will be asked to provide your name, email address, mailing address, payment details, and other contact information. We will use this information to process and thank you for your donation, complete your tax receipt, send you further information about TNC Ltd and for direct marketing purposes. TNC Ltd engages third party service providers to process donations; we will take reasonable steps to ensure that they are bound to protect the privacy of that personal information.
- To distribute publications - we collect contact details (which may include name, address, email address, and mobile phone number) in order to distribute newsletters and other communications in print and electronic form from time to time. Recipients may choose to have their names and addresses removed.
- To conduct events – we collect contact details and other personal information, including photographs and videos, about donors and other supporters who wish to join or participate in our events and programs we conduct. This information is used to administer these events and to promote and seek support for such events and for the activities of TNC Ltd.
- To communicate with our donors and supporters - we collect contact details and other personal information about our current and potential donors and supporters so that we can encourage, record and acknowledge their support and communicate with them about TNC Ltd and our activities.
- To assist with your queries - you may also choose to provide us with your name or other contact details when you call us by phone or write to us so that we can respond to your requests for our newsletter or for other information about TNC Ltd's operations.
- As part of our general business operations TNC Ltd also collects personal information about individuals who are, or are employed by, our suppliers (including service and content providers), contractors, dealers and agents and corporate customers.
- TNC Ltd also collects information (including contact details) about individuals from third party businesses in order to contact new potential supporters and inform them about our activities, events and programs
How do we use personal information?
We generally use and disclose your personal information for the purposes for which it was collected and for related purposes that would be reasonably expected by you (or otherwise as required or authorised by law). When we collect personal information, we may also use it to measure the level of support received and the effectiveness of our conservation and fundraising campaigns. We may also use your personal information to provide you information about TNC Ltd's current projects and campaigns. We may also use your personal information to contact you (including by phone, fax, SMS or email) in relation to future campaigns and marketing activities unless you ask us not to. If you do not want us to use your personal information in this way or send you any further information, you can always let us know by contacting our Privacy Officer through the contact details given below.
Disclosing personal information
How secure is your personal information?
We regard the security of your personal information as a priority and implement a number of physical and electronic measures to protect it. We remind you, however, that the internet is not a secure environment and although all care is taken, we cannot guarantee the security of information you provide to us via electronic means.
Access, correction and complaints
We will provide you with access to most personal Information that we have about you, but sometimes that will not be possible, in which case we will tell you why. If you would like to access your information or to find out what information we have about you please contact our Privacy Officer at the contact details given below. When you request access, we may need to take measures to verify your identity. If you think that any personal Information we hold about you is not accurate, complete or up-to-date, you may ask us to correct that information by contacting our Privacy Officer. We will take reasonable steps to correct such personal information unless we disagree as to whether the information is accurate, complete and up-to-date.
If you have a complaint about the way we have collected, used, held or disclosed your personal information, or think that we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles under the Privacy Act or other applicable privacy legislation, you may contact our Privacy Officer at the contact details given below. When you contact us, please include your email address, name, address, and telephone number and clearly describe your complaint. We will respond to your complaint as soon as reasonably practicable by making contact with you to inform you whether we have accepted your complaint, need further information or do not think we have breached the Australian Privacy Principles. We will also let you know the next steps in resolving your complaint. If you are not satisfied with our response to your complaint, you may complain to the Office of the Australian Information Commissioner or the equivalent State agency responsible for administering State privacy laws.
- have any queries or would like further information about our privacy policies or practices; or
- wish to access or correct your personal information; or
- wish to make a complaint about the way we have collected, used, held or disclosed your personal information; or
- would like to tell us that you do not want us to use your personal information to send you our newsletter or information about products or services,
please contact our Privacy Officer by calling 03 8346 8602 or by emailing email@example.com or by writing to: The Privacy Officer The Nature Conservancy PO Box 57 Carlton South VIC 3053