How does The Nature Conservancy protect my online privacy at nature.org?
This web site, nature.org, is owned and operated by The Nature Conservancy. Our intention is to provide an informative tool for those interested in conservation and as a means of allowing our members and the public to become more involved in our mission. We recognize that visitors to our web site may be concerned about the information that they provide to us and how we treat that information. The Nature Conservancy is committed to honoring our constituents' privacy preferences.
To this end, the Conservancy supports the following principles:
We believe that a visitor to our web site is the one to best determine:
- When—and under what conditions—to provide "personally identifiable information" (e.g., data that may be used to identify, contact, or locate a person)
- When such information may be shared with other organizations
- When to remain anonymous
When personally identifiable information is collected, we believe that a visitor to our web site has the right to:
- Know when we are collecting personal information
- Know what personal information is collected, and the purpose of any such collection
- Expect the opportunity to choose whether or not personal information will be provided to any third parties
- Expect reasonable steps to be taken to protect personal information from unauthorized use
- Review the accuracy of personal information and update it
October 25, 2013