Go Green While You Shop
Confused by all of the options you have as a consumer? Take a look at the green shopping tips below and take action for the planet by making simple changes in the way you approach shopping — here are a few resources to get you started:
Your Food and Health:
- Ask Where Your Food Comes From — "There's almost always an alternative food that is more sustainable, local or organic."
- Eat Sustainable Seafood — "There aren't enough native shellfish doing the important things they're great at."
- Buy Sustainable Coffee — "Life is too precious to drink unsustainable coffee."
- Buy FSC Certified Wood — "Few of us know the origin of the forest products we purchase."
- Green Your Household Products — "The best part is: It's pretty easy to do."
- Garden with Native Plants — "Using plants adapted to your climate means less watering, pesticides and fertilizers."
- Using Used — "It's a brave new economy, and it's 100-percent resource-free."
Shop for a Cause
You can directly impact The Nature Conservancy when you shop. Check out these opportunities to help our planet, one online shopping trip at a time.
A gift of nature will not only make an impact on someone you care about but it will also make an enduring difference in the health of our planet and all of the people living in it.
10 trees will be planted in the Atlantic Forest the first time you use the card.
Sell your unwanted items and donate 10-100% of the final sale price to the Conservancy and receive a credit on basic selling fees. Or, buy items that are already listed to benefit our cause.
JustGive.org acts like a wedding registry allowing you to list The Nature Conservancy as that organization you'd like your guests to support in lieu of buying you gifts.
Give Others a Gift that Supports Nature
Looking for the perfect, green gift? Check out a few of these great options!
No matter what time of year, The Nature Conservancy always has the perfect green gifts.