Your relationship with your clients is built on trust and respect. The success of the Conservancy’s gift planning program is also based on a tradition of trust. We pay close attention to our supporters’ conservation interests and philanthropic goals, as well as their unique financial circumstances. We urge our donors to consult professional advisors before making any planned gift and strongly encourage them to consider how their gifts fit into their overall financial plan.
We welcome the opportunity to work with you and your clients to create a well-crafted estate or philanthropic plan—one that provides your clients with financial resources and tax advantages, achieves their philanthropic goals and helps to protect the natural world. Find more information below about the gift options available.
The Conservancy specializes in turning almost any kind of unencumbered real estate into a financially prudent gift for conservation. Property can be used to fund outright gifts, planned gifts that provide income, donor advised funds and retained life estates. Different terms and conditions apply for each type of real estate, so please contact us to discuss your clients’ individual situations.
The Conservancy has extensive experience with many types of non-cash assets, including closely- and privately-held businesses, partnerships and LLCs. We will work with you and your clients to use their most effective assets to fulfill their philanthropic goals.
One of the easiest ways to donate to The Nature Conservancy is through a gift of stock. You can simply transfer the gift electronically. The Conservancy maintains accounts at most major full-service and discount brokerage firms.
If your client is making a stock transfer, please contact our stock team by email or call us at (877) 812-3698 so that we can accurately record the gift and acknowledge your client's generosity.
For clients who wish to name The Nature Conservancy in their planning documents, view our legal designation language and tax identification number.
At The Nature Conservancy, all unrestricted charitable gifts are used strategically for top priorities. If your client has specific purposes in mind, please email us or call (877) 812-3698 to ensure that we can meet those wishes.
Closing the Estate
We have extensive experience in processing distributions from thousands of estates, insurance companies and plan administrators. We will work with you to facilitate distributions and meet all reporting requirements and to ensure that we are honoring your client’s intentions.
Important Estate Distribution Information
The Nature Conservancy has a centralized estate administration policy. All correspondence, emails, phone calls, distribution checks, etc. related to a deceased donor should be directed to the estate administrator at the Worldwide office. This includes bequests which are specifically designated to a state chapter or program.
The Nature Conservancy
4245 N. Fairfax Drive
Arlington, VA 22203
Phone: (703) 841-4846
Fax: (703) 812-4863
Clients who wish to make a current gift and receive a tax deduction now, but need to keep or enhance their cash flow might consider a life-income gift. The Conservancy’s gift planning team can assist you and your client in determining the benefits of such a gift.
Family Philanthropic Planning Services
We help individuals establish and set goals for family foundations, charitable trusts, supporting organizations and donor advised fund agreements. In addition, we work to ensure that these plans function within a family’s existing financial, tax and estate planning objectives. Our goal is to create strategies that engage families as well as maximize the social and economic benefits associated with their philanthropic pursuits.
Donor Advised Fund
For clients who are considering a donor advised fund or private foundation, the Conservancy offers its own fund. A Nature Conservancy Donor Advised Fund (DAF) may be funded with cash or marketable securities. Gifts of closely held stock or real estate to fund a DAF are accepted on a case-by-case basis. Along with distributions to Conservancy projects, donations may be made to any charitable organization whose mission and values are consistent with those of The Nature Conservancy.
- Legal Language and Tax ID - find sample language for a will or trust.
- Gift Calculator: Use our planned giving calculator to generate potential benefits for your client.
- Advisor Brochure: We have teams of experienced professionals to help you and your clients explore and implement a variety of charitable giving options. View our brochure to learn more about our services.
- "Real Estate Gifts - Beyond the Basics": This article, written by Conservancy staff and published in the Journal of Gift Planning, provides timely information about gifts of real estate.
- Planned Giving Design Center: Visit the Planned Giving Design Center for help determining the most beneficial philanthropic tools for meeting your clients' goals.
- Legacy Planner – Our Legacy Planner is useful for clients who want a tool to help them determine what gifts might provide for their philanthropic and financial goals.
- Bequest notification form – If your client has included us in his or her estate plans, please let us know. Doing so allows us to ensure we honor your client’s wishes, and to better plan for our needs in the future.
- Personal proposal form – If your client would like to request information about any of our planned gifts, fill out our form and we will send a confidential, no-obligation personal proposal.
- Printable Resources – Find links to many estate planning documents, such as information on planning an estate, finding an attorney to assist in estate planning, and creating an inventory. These documents can help you meet your client’s needs.
You can protect wetlands and other natural places by making a planned gift with The Nature Conservancy. Contact us today.
Find More Information:
Learn about naming the Conservancy in your estate plans and how you can name the Conservancy in your will.
Are you working with a unmarried couple on their estate plans? We can help you with information about estate planning for unmarried couples.
We're here to help. Contact our gift planning team for all your questions about planned gifts or our gift planning program.