How it works:
- You make a deductible gift of $100,000 or more in cash, securities or property to The Nature Conservancy, and we establish a donor advised fund in your name and under our management.
- You recommend distributions from your donor advised fund for Conservancy programs and also to support other charitable organizations. After our review and approval, we make the gifts in your fund's name.
- At least 5% of the fund must be distributed annually, and at least 20% of the distributions over the life of your donor advised fund must support Conservancy programs of your choice. The minimum distribution is $1,000.
The Nature Conservancy provides all ongoing record-keeping and tax preparation for your donor advised fund.
- You get the flexibility of one source for your charitable giving, without the costs and administrative obligations of a private foundation.
- You enjoy more ongoing tax benefits with a donor advised fund than with a private foundation.
- You pay no start-up costs or administrative expenses.
- You receive verification for tax purposes of contributions you make to your donor advised fund, and regular summaries of the distributions your fund has made.
Information that may interest you ...
Learn more about donor advised funds.
Compare the Conservancy's donor advised fund to a private foundation.
Compare all of your giving options.
You can protect mountains and other natural places by making a planned gift with The Nature Conservancy. Contact us today.