How it works
- You sell your residence or other property to The Nature Conservancy for a price below the appraised market value, resulting in a transaction that is part charitable gift and part sale.
- The Nature Conservancy may use the property, but usually elects to sell it and use the proceeds of the sale for the gift purposes you specified.
- You receive an immediate income tax deduction for the appraised market value of the portion of the property you donated.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the donated portion of the property.
- You use cash from the sale portion to retire a mortgage or purchase other property.
- You have the satisfaction of making a significant gift to The Nature Conservancy during your lifetime.
Information that may interest you ...
Learn more about charitable bargain sales with The Nature Conservancy.
Are you thinking of selling real estate? Consider donating your real estate to nature.
Plan your gift with our Legacy Planner.
You can protect freshwater habitats and other natural places by making a planned gift with The Nature Conservancy. Contact us today.