Pass On Your Values
What if you could solidify your legacy today by supporting our work tomorrow, all without committing any money now? A gift through your estate can one day help us carry out our work to protect the lands and waters on which all life depends.
Benefits of Giving Through Your Estate Plan
• Perpetuate your values. Your will or trust allows you to create a bequest that reflects the values you hold dear.
• Retain control of your assets during your lifetime. You can modify your gift if your circumstances change.
• Take advantage of tax laws that help preserve your estate assets. A well-designed plan can result in your estate paying less tax, allowing you to leave more for your beneficiaries.
Ways to Give Through Your Estate Plan
It’s easy—you can name the Conservancy as a beneficiary of specific assets, a portion of your estate or your residual estate. The following assets provide an easy and tax-efficient way to make a bequest and the flexibility to be modified if your circumstances change:
• Retirement plan such as an IRA, 401(k) or 403(b)
• Life insurance policy
• Financial accounts such as a bank or brokerage account or a certificate of deposit (CD)
For more information about how to make a bequest to The Nature Conservancy, please contact us. You can also call (877) 812-3698 or email us.
If you have already made a bequest to nature, please let us know about your commitment.