What if you could solidify your legacy today by supporting our work tomorrow, all without committing any money now? A gift through your estate can one day help us carry out our work to protect the lands and waters on which all life depends.
• Perpetuate your values. Your will or trust allows you to create a bequest that reflects the values you hold dear.
• Retain control of your assets during your lifetime. You can modify your gift if your circumstances change.
• Take advantage of tax laws that help preserve your estate assets. A well-designed plan can result in your estate paying less tax, allowing you to leave more for your beneficiaries.
It’s easy—you can name the Conservancy as a beneficiary of specific assets, a portion of your estate or your residual estate. The following assets provide an easy and tax-efficient way to make a bequest and the flexibility to be modified if your circumstances change:
• Retirement plan such as an IRA, 401(k) or 403(b)
• Life insurance policy
• Financial accounts such as a bank or brokerage account or a certificate of deposit (CD)
For more information about how to make a bequest to The Nature Conservancy, please contact us. You can also call (877) 812-3698 or email us.
If you have already made a bequest to nature, please let us know about your commitment.