A charitable gift annuity with The Nature Conservancy can provide you and/or another beneficiary with stable income for life. You may also receive an immediate income tax deduction. It’s a gift that benefits nature and your future.
How it works
- You transfer cash, securities or other property to The Nature Conservancy.
- The Nature Conservancy pays you, or up to two annuitants, a lifetime annuity.
- The principal passes to The Nature Conservancy after the lifetime of the income beneficiaries.
- Receive an immediate income tax deduction for a portion of your gift.
- Back your lifetime annuity with a reserve and the full assets of The Nature Conservancy.
- Have your annuity payments treated as part ordinary income and part tax-free income. If the gift is funded with appreciated property, your annuity payments are also part capital gains income.
- Gain the satisfaction of making a significant gift that benefits you now and The Nature Conservancy later.
Meet Manfred Krause and Denise Caldwell
The field of atomic and molecular physics—an obscure and mystifying subject to most—is one thing that powerfully unites Denise Caldwell and Manfred Krause. Manfred and Denise are helping to protect the wild places they are passionate about while receiving a steady stream of income. Like true scientists, Manfred and Denise view their charitable gift annuities as part of a greater whole—as building blocks for future action to preserve the splendor and diversity of the natural world. Watch their story.
You can protect lakes and other natural places by making a planned gift with The Nature Conservancy. Contact us today.