How It Works:
- You deed your property (e.g. home, vacation home, commercial building, or investment property) to The Nature Conservancy.
- The Nature Conservancy may use the property for its own purposes, or, more likely, will sell it and use the proceeds for our programs.
- You receive an income tax deduction for the fair market value of the real estate, no matter what you originally paid for it.
- You pay no capital gains tax on the transfer.
- You can direct the proceeds from your gift to a specific Nature Conservancy program.
A gift of real estate is for you if ...
- You hold residential, commercial or undeveloped real estate that has risen in value and that you no longer wish to maintain.
- You are concerned about rising real estate taxes and the capital gains cost of selling the property.
- The property is useful to our mission or is marketable, and it is environmentally secure.
Information that may interest you ...
You can protect coasts and other natural places by making a planned gift with The Nature Conservancy. Contact us today.
If you are interested in donating "preserve quality" land you wish to see preserved in its natural state, please contact your local Nature Conservancy office for more information.