Opinions expressed on nature.org and on Cool Green Science, and in any corresponding comments, are the personal opinions of the original authors and do not necessarily reflect the views of The Nature Conservancy.
Last updated: August 16, 2011
Editorial Policy and Guidelines
Here are some things you should know and guidelines we need you to follow as you craft your submission:
- We will not discriminate against comments that express views different from the official stated position of the organization or of its individual website visitors simply on the basis of that difference.
- However, all comments submitted to this website and to the blog are moderated, which means that they will be reviewed by Conservancy staff prior to their publication. We have final edit and approval of any comment submitted for publication.
- We reserve the right to reject a comment for publication if we feel the comment violates our guidelines or is otherwise inappropriate. The decision to post your comment on any of our websites is at our discretion.
- Comments or blogs containing obvious factual inaccuracies, unattributed facts and quotes, insulting comments, or libelous/unlawful statements will not be published. While vigorous debate is welcome, all remarks should generally be directed at issues, positions, events, and statements, rather than at individuals.
- We will not publish comments that we deem to be abusive, defamatory, embarrassing, harassing, hateful, obscene, profane, or threatening to another person or entity, including the Conservancy.
- In addition, we reserve the right to not publish submissions that we deem for any other reason to be unsuitable, unlawful, or objectionable, such as but not limited to the content of the posting/material (for example, the usage of inappropriate language), the subject matter, the timeliness or relevance of the material/posting, or reasons related to intellectual property, among others. We may employ technical tools to identify postings that may contain objectionable material.
- Comments that link to web pages that violate any of the above guidelines will not be published.
- We encourage readers to comment under their legal names, but we do not require them to do so.
- If you have a question about a preserve, program or our conservation work, please leave an email address to which Conservancy staff can respond, or feel free to contact Conservancy staff directly.